WNNK-FM, WQXA-FM, WWKL-FM, WHGB-AM, and WZCY-FM’S
“$10,000 HOME IMPROVEMENT CHECK-6 DIGIT NUMBER GUESS CONTEST” CONTEST
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WNNK-FM, WQXA-FM, WWKL-FM, WHGB-AM, and WZCY-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 2300 Vartan Way, Suite 130, Harrisburg, PA 17110, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WNNK-FM, WQXA-FM, WWKL-FM, WHGB-AM, and WZCY-FM
“$10,000 HOME IMPROVEMENT CHECK-6 DIGIT NUMBER GUESS CONTEST” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number, who have a valid U.S. Driver’s license or government issued photo I.D., and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last thirty (30) days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last thirty (30) days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last thirty (30) days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last thirty (30) days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:00am ET on Monday, April 15, 2019 and will run through 11:59pm ET on Sunday, May 26, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). ONLY THE FIRST 10,000
ENTRIES RECEIVED WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE CONTEST The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
Online: Visit the Station’s websites www.wink104.com, www.hot1067fm.com, www.1057thex.com, www.935nashfm.com, and www.cbssportsharrisburg.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “$10,000 Spring Home Makeover Check-6 digit Number Guess Contest Banner” Contest link, and fully complete an entry form along with a guess on the 6-digit ‘check number’ of the $10,000 Home Improvement Check displayed on the contest site.
The actual predetermined grand prize winning 6-digit check number will be randomly pre-selected, and will be comprised of 6-digits, that each fall between 0 – 9, inclusive. Digits may repeat within the winning 6-digit number sequence – i.e. the winning number could be any number from 000000 – 999999. Each contestant must submit their guess of the winning 6-digit check number in its exact correct order.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, May 26, 2019 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per valid email address, up to 10,000 entrants. Once 10,000 entrants have been received then no other entrants may participate in this Contest.
SUBMITTING MORE THAN ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON WILL INVALIDATE ALL ENTRIES BY THAT CONTESTANT.
Any online entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Each entrant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
Any available opt-in opportunities are not required to enter the Contest, and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning. By participating and submitting an entry, entrant agrees that sponsors and participating parties are authorized to contact entrant via email, mail, phone or any other form of media to make contestant aware of information pertinent to the contest, and to distribute information regarding the Sponsor(s) featured products, special events or promotional offers, or purchase incentives. Entrant may opt-out of any further email communication at any time by simply replying REMOVE to any email message, or following the provided opt-out instructions.
- Winner Selection. The predetermined grand prize winning 6-digit check number will be randomly preselected prior to the start of this Contest by the Contest Administrator. The winning 6-digit number will then be placed into a sealed security envelope prior to the start of the Contest Period, and will be held during the Contest Period by representatives of the Stations. Each digit within the winning number shall fall between 0 – 9, inclusive and the winning number may be any number between 000000 – 999999, inclusive. Numbers may repeat within the 6-digit winning number. At the conclusion of the Contest Period on or about 5/27/2019, each eligible entry received (maximum of 10,000 entries) will be compared to the grand prize winning 6-digit check number, to determine if any eligible contestant has correctly guessed and submitted the winning 6-digit check number in its exact winning order. (IE – each number must be in the correct position.) In order to be eligible to claim the grand prize (see below), an eligible contestant must have correctly guessed the predetermined grand prize winning number by correctly guessing each digit in the 6-digit winning number in their exact winning order. For example, if the winning check number was ‘123456’, then a submitted number guess of ‘654321’ would NOT be considered a winning entry or attempt. If the grand prize winning 6-digit check number is not correctly guessed in its exact winning order by an eligible contestant during the registration period, according to these official rules, then the grand prize will NOT be awarded.
The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. It is possible that zero (0) prizes will be awarded in this Contest. In the event a winning entry is submitted by an eligible contestant, the corresponding contestant who submitted the winning entry will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize is: a [TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR] $10,000 credit that may be used for any available product, project or services that is available or provided by one or more of the participating sponsors. Any portion of the total credit value may be redeemed at any participating sponsor, as requested by winning contestant, provided the maximum value of total combined credits does not exceed $10,000. Maximum retail value of grand prize award not to exceed $10,000. There is a maximum of one grand prize award available. In the event of multiple winning entries submitted by eligible entrants, then the cash value of the grand prize shall be evenly divided among winning entrants. For example, if there are two eligible entrants who have submitted a winning number guess, each entrant shall be awarded a $5,000 credit. If there is no eligible grand prize winning entry submitted, then the grand prize shall NOT be awarded.
Grand prize, if awarded, will be awarded as [TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR] $10,000 in credits at any participating Sponsor location(s) as selected and designated by winner. The grand prize has no cash value, and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash refund or any other prize. All credits must be used within 12months from date of prize award or any full or partial remaining credit value will be forfeit. Credits may be used in partial increments. Any unused portion of any credit with a participating Sponsor will not be refunded as Cash, and unused balances will expire after the 12-month period. If the purchase of any product or service from a participating Sponsor exceeds the maximum retail value of the available credit or prize award, then winner shall be responsible for the difference in the cost at time of prize delivery or acceptance.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any
form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT
ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., WNNK-FM, WQXA-FM, WWKL-FM, WHGB-AM, WZCY-FM 2300 Vartan Way, Suite 130, Harrisburg, PA 17110